Malayalam Actors Who Write And Direct Films
Many of the Malayalam actors are not just actors, but multi-talented. Many of our actors write scripts and direct that movie. Here is the list of Malayalam actors who write and direct movies.
Eminent actor Murali directed a Malayalam feature film, ’Aaram Vardil Aabhyanthara Kalaham’. The star cast includes Vineeth, Siddique Sugandhi and Baiju in the lead roles. Murali written the screenplay and dialogues based on the story of Augustine Joseph.
2. Vineeth Kumar
Vineeth Kumar, the brown eyed boy of Malayalam film is not just an actor. The movie ‘Ayal Njanalla’ starring Fahad Fasil is written and directed by him. The movie is based on the story of director Ranjith. The film performed average at box office.
The national award winning actor Salim Kumar too written and directed a movie. The movie ‘Compartment’ is written and directed by him. Later Salim Kumar has decided to withdraw this movie from the theatres because of the unresponsiveness of audience.
As everyone knows, Renowned Malayalam actor Sreenivasan is a scriptwriter too. He directed two movies which are written by him too. His first film as an independent director was ‘Vadakkunokkiyantram’ and the movie was a huge hit. His next directorial venture was ‘Chinthavishtayaya Shyamala’ and the film won national award for best film on other social issues.
Famous actor Pratap Pothen is a director too and he directed 12 movies in 3 different languages, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu. Among these about 4 films were written by himself. He won ‘Indira Gandhi Award for best first film of a director’ for the film ‘Meendum Oru Kaathal Kathai’.
Some among us do know that, renowned Malayalam actor Cochin Haneefa is a director too. He directed about 14 movies including Tamil movies. He written and directed movies like ‘Aankiliyude Tharattu’, ’Valsalyam’ and ‘Oru Sindoorapottinte Ormaykku’.
Vineeth Sreenivasan, the multitalented artist has written and directed four Malayalam movies, ‘Malarvadi Arts Club’ ‘Thattathin Marayathu’ ‘Thira' and 'Jacobinte Swargarajyam'. All of the four movies were super hits.
Accomplished artist Nadirsha made his directorial debut with the movie ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’. This movie was a blockbuster. His second directorial venture ‘Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan’ will hit screen soon.
Popular Malayalam actor Sidharth Bharathan, son of renowned film maker Bharathan too direct movies. His first movie as an independent director was ‘Nidra’ and it was the remake of the old film of the same name directed by his father and the screenplay was co-written by him.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Virus Box Office Collection Report
- Uyare Box Office Collection Report
- Oru Yamandan Premakadha Box Office Collection
- Madhura Raja Worldwide Box Office Collection
- Athiran Box Office Collection
- Madhura Raja Kerala Box Office Collection
- Mera Naam Shaji Box Office Collection
- Lucifer Worldwide Box Office Collection
- Lucifer Kerala Box Office Collection
More from News
- Scenarist John Manthrickal turns director with Vijay Babu’s next
- Dulquer Salmaan to produce Suresh Gopi’s next movie
- Jayasurya to portray legendary actor Sathyan in his biopic
- Biju Menon and Shane to team up for Johny Antony’s next
- Vinay Forrt replaces Indrajith Sukumaran in his next
- Biju Menon – Jibu Jacob team’s Aadhyarathri goes on floors
- Veena Nandhakumar to pair up with Asif Ali in her next
- RJ Mathukkutty announces his debut directorial venture
- Vinayakan to portray Ayyankali in Aashiq Abu’s next