Malayalam Movies Based On Sports
There are a lot of sports themed movies like 'Lagaan', 'Chak de India', 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' were released in Bollywwod. But in Malayalam film industry that genre is not quite popular. Here is the list of Malayalam movies which have sports as a main theme.
'1983' is a Malayalam film directed by Abrid Shine. Nivin Pauly played the central character in the movie. The main plot of the movie revolves around cricket. The name of the movie too is largely related to Indian cricket history, because it was the year in which India won the cricket world cup for the first time. The movie tells the story of efforts made by Rameshan (Nivin Pauly) to make his son a cricket player. Abrid Shine has written the story and co-written the script with Bipin Chandran.
2. Karinkunnam 6'S
'Karinkunnam 6's' directed by Deepu Karunakaran is a movie based on volleyball. The film is a tribute to Jimmy George, Indian volleyball player from Kerala. The movie is the story of Vandana (Manju Warrier), an ex-railway sportswoman who as a volleyball coach trains a group of prisoners from Poojappura central jail. The lead roles are portrayed by Manju Warrier,Anoop Menon, Babu Antony, Baiju, Padmaraj Ratheesh, Sudev Nair, Sudheer Karamana, Jacob Gregory and Santhosh Keezhattoor
3. Speed track
'Speed Track' is a Malayalam movie written and directed by S.L Puram Jayasurya. The movie is the story of Arjun (Dileep), an young athlete from BCM college. Speed Track is considered as the first sports movie in Malayalam. The star cast of the movie includes Dileep, Gajala, Riyaz Khan, Jagathy Sreekumar, Ambika Mohan, Captain Raju, Saikumar and Bindhu Panicker.
‘Sevenes’ is a Malayalam sports-action film written by Dr. Iqbal Kuttippuramand directed by Joshiy. The main plot of the movie revolves around sevens football, which is popular in north kerala. The lead charatcters are essayed by Kunchako Boban,Nivin Pauly,Asif Ali, Vineeth Kumar, Bhaama and Rima Kallingal.
5. Rebecca Uthup Kizhakemala
'Rebecca Uthup Kizhakemala' is a movie written by V C Ashok directed by Sundar Dass. The movie tells the story behind the Olympic preparations of Rebecca, who is a young female athlete who wins a Gold medal for India at the ASIAD. The lead role is essayed by Ann Augustine. Rest of the cast includes Sidharth Bharathan, Saikumar, Jishnu, Kalabhavan Mani, Ambika Mohan and Praseetha.
'Goal' is a sports themed movie written by Kalavur Ravikumar and directed by Kamal. As its name indicates the movie is based on football. The lead roles are played by Rajith Menon, Aksha Pardasany, Muktha George, Rahman and Mukesh. This was the debut movie of actor Rajith Menon.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Virus Box Office Collection Report
- Uyare Box Office Collection Report
- Oru Yamandan Premakadha Box Office Collection
- Madhura Raja Worldwide Box Office Collection
- Athiran Box Office Collection
- Madhura Raja Kerala Box Office Collection
- Mera Naam Shaji Box Office Collection
- Lucifer Worldwide Box Office Collection
- Lucifer Kerala Box Office Collection
More from News
- Scenarist John Manthrickal turns director with Vijay Babu’s next
- Dulquer Salmaan to produce Suresh Gopi’s next movie
- Jayasurya to portray legendary actor Sathyan in his biopic
- Biju Menon and Shane to team up for Johny Antony’s next
- Vinay Forrt replaces Indrajith Sukumaran in his next
- Biju Menon – Jibu Jacob team’s Aadhyarathri goes on floors
- Veena Nandhakumar to pair up with Asif Ali in her next
- RJ Mathukkutty announces his debut directorial venture
- Vinayakan to portray Ayyankali in Aashiq Abu’s next