Mani Ratnam fans, get excited! The much anticipated second part of the Mani Ratnam-directed movie Ponniyin Selvan is finally coming. After months of anticipation and rumors swirling around the release date, fans worldwide can now rejoice as the makers of this epic period drama have finally revealed the Ponniyin Selvan part 2 release date.
This Article Include
- Ponniyin Selvan Part 2 Release Date
- Production Status of Ponniyin Selvan 2
- Star Cast of Ponniyin Selvan 2
- Ponniyin Selvan 2 Trailer Release Date
- Also Read Other Articles On the Release Date
- Chiranjeevi’s Bholaa Sankar Release Date Announced by the Makers!
- Mahesh Babu’s SSMB28 Telugu Movie Release Date, Star Cast
- Karthikeya 3 Release Date: Will There Be Third Sequel For Karthikeya?!
- Eega 2 Release Date Speculation: Is there any possibility for the Sequel of 2012 Eega?
- Kushi Telugu Movie Confirmed: Vijay Deverakonda-Samantha Romantic Thriller Telugu Movie Release Date Announced!
- KGF Chapter 3: Movie Release Date, Star Cast And All Other Details We Know So far!
Ponniyin Selvan Part 2 Release Date
Mani Ratnam’s ambitious Ponniyin Selvan franchise will continue on April 28, 2023, with the release of Part 2. Using the hashtag “Cholas Are Back,” production companies Madras Talkies and Lyca Productions announced on social media earlier today. The September 2022 release of Ponniyin Selvan: 1, one of Mani Ratnam’s highest-grossing films, was a smash hit nationwide. It has been reported that the trailer and audio release of “Ponniyin Selvan 2” will occur on March 29.
Let’s get those swords in the air as we await the 28th of April 2023!#CholasAreBack #PS1 #PS2 #PonniyinSelvan #ManiRatnam @arrahman @LycaProductions @Tipsofficial @tipsmusicsouth @IMAX @primevideoIN pic.twitter.com/YtTAMdGFZm
— Madras Talkies (@MadrasTalkies_) December 28, 2022
Production Status of Ponniyin Selvan 2
Reports indicate that filming for Ponniyin Selvan 2 occurred simultaneously with that of the first film. According to reports, Ponniyin Selvan 2 and its accompanying component were finished in about 150 days. Parts of the film were shot in Thailand, and the rest were shot in Tamil Nadu, India. Orchha, Gwalior, Pondicherry, Mysore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, and Madhya Pradesh are just a few of the stunning sites used. The approximate cost is Rs 500 Crores. A.R. Rahman, a true musical genius, is responsible for the score.
Star Cast of Ponniyin Selvan 2
The production team relied heavily on their cast, crew, and other industry specialists to realize this film’s stunning visuals. Everyone anticipates that the film will have a large ensemble.
- Vikram as Aditha Karikalan
- Trisha as Kundavai Devi
- Jayaram as Azhwarkkadiyan Nambi
- Jayam Ravi as Arulmozhi Varman
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in two roles as Nandini & Mandakini Devi
- Karthi as Vallavaraiyan Vanthiyathevan
- Vikram Prabhu as Parthibendran Pallavan
- R. Sarathkumar as Periya Pazhuvettarayar
- Sobhita Dhulipala as Vaanathi
- Aishwarya Lekshmi as Poonguzhali
- Prabhu as Periya Vellar Boothi Vikramakesari
- Jayachitra as Sembiyan Mahadevi
- R. Parthiban as Chinna Pazhuvettarayar
- Lal as Thirukovalur Malaiyaman
- Prakash Raj as Sundara Chola
Ponniyin Selvan 2 Trailer Release Date
The second and final installment of the historical drama Ponniyin Selvan 2 by director Mani Ratnam is scheduled for release on April 28, 2023. While the film’s first single was just released, the trailer for Ponniyin Selvan 2 will be released on March 29, 2023, according to the producers. For the time being, watch the trailer of the First part.
Viewers highly anticipate Mani Ratnam’s sequel to Ponniyin Selvan. Its spectacular visuals and heart-pounding action will keep fans of the original on the edge of their seats. With an all-star cast and captivating storyline, this movie promises to be an exciting experience that won’t easily be forgotten. This movie has all the elements to become a classic and will stay with the audience long after they’ve finished watching it.