Georgettan's Pooram Review: a below average experience
When you stuff a plot with elements that aren’t at all relevant to a movie’s prime concern, a movie like Georgettan's Pooram is born. A supposed to be sports drama gets treated as a usual Dileep movie and because of that the emphasis is very minimal on the sports part and with skit jokes offering discrete fun Georgettan's Pooram is largely underwhelming.
A jobless guy George and his friends are the main characters in this film. They are pretty aimless and their families also look at them as disappointments. They have this hangout place called Mathai parambu. That place has a connection with the game of Kabadi. The film is apparently about the emotional connect these people have with that place and how Kabadi becomes a key part in it.
3/4th of this movie is simply wasted in order to create a backdrop to the prime story. We are getting a very elaborate explanation about George and his gang. It is not that the explanation is unnecessary. When you have a sports drama kind of idea in the core you should make a film that is more inclined to that. An irrelevant loves story and several other side tracks are shown which at the end looks pointless. Even after reaching the half way point the movie still wasn’t trying to enter the main conflict zone. The partition of the movie is like 2 hours of usual jokes and other stuff, then half an hour of sports. To convince an audience about the victory of an underdog team, half an hour is not at all enough.
George is a character that is pretty much a Dileep character. But the desperation for comedy makes that character look like a joker at some points. Rajisha Vijayan gets a role that looked relevant in the beginning but became an unused tool by the time we saw the climax. Vinay Forrt wasn’t at all necessary for such a role. Sharafudheen is there in his typical style along with Hareesh. The elaborate cast including Chemban Vinod Jose, Renji Paniker, T G Ravi, Sudheer Karamana and many others doesn’t have much of challenging role here.
Dr. Love was K Biju’s first film. Coming to Georgettan’s Pooram, the story looks fine enough for a decent entertaining film. But the over written script spoils the soul of the film. The desperation to have comedy in all frames reduces the range of the film as a nail biter. Kavi Uddeshichathu was one film in the recent past which had similar theme, but their way of build up wasn’t this much excessive. Heroics of Georgettan become too much in the climax and even after being showed stylishly in slow mo, it doesn’t look convincing. Songs were fine and the BGM was disappointing.
Georgettan's Pooram feels empty at the end. The sporadic jokes and witty moments may keep you occupied. But the sheer lack of a good story affects the movie terribly and thus the film becomes a below average experience.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Nayattu Box office Collection Report
- Chathurmukham box office collection report
- One box office collection report
- Kala box office collection report
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Santhosh Sivan and MT Vasudevan Nair project on the cards after Barroz?
- Padma’s first teaser released
- Churuli streaming soon in OTT
- Jayasurya’s Eesho first look released
- Aarkkariyam gets an OTT release
- Ambalamukkile Visheshangal first look released
- Malayalam actor Sharan passed away
- Actor Mela Reghu passed away
- Nayattu will be released on OTT Platform