Oru Pazhaya Bomb Kadha Review: a popcorn time pass movie
There was a texture that comedy films like Amar Akbar Anthony and Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan created in the recent years in Malayalam movie industry. The margin of error in that kind of comedy was very small and those films did manage to make the audience laugh. Coming to the new movie from Shafi, Oru Pazhaya Bomb Kadha, which stars Bibin George, the co-writer of the previously mentioned hit films, you can sense that formula getting repeated. Because of the abundance in humor that mainly happens in the dialogues, the movie manages to make you forget about the fragileness of the screenplay and thus becoming a popcorn time pass movie.
Sreekuttan is a physically challenged person who has a close friend who helps him with everything. The duo unnecessarily creates an issue with the SI of the place not knowing his occupation. That rivalry grew and it reached a level where Sreekuttan eventually had to suffer. That makes him a person who was seeking revenge and the movie shows us how a common man like Sreekuttan was able to take revenge on a police officer.
The title definitely gives you an indication that the format isn’t going to be fresh. I must admit that I laughed and the reason for that was mainly the dialogue humor created by Hareesh Kanaran. The story of the movie is really a weak one as it has no clear conflict. The humor that pops in with or without relevance is the main reason why this movie becomes an engaging watch. The issues and other masala ingredients like revenge and romance have no major depth to its credit. Even the behavior of the characters here are questionable as the movie ultimately wants us to root for those characters.
The packaging from Shafi is impressive. The script by Binu Joseph and Sunil Karma lack a lot of things including a solid plot. AT times the movie depends on humor way too much and you get to see totally irrelevant humor track. The workshop comedies and the don spoof had nothing to do with the film, but they all worked because of the way Shafi merged it into the narrative. The writing is really sloppy and the romance angle was narrated very amateurishly. Cinematography and cuts are average while the music was impressive.
Bibin George who has previously done small character roles in his debut hero attempt was good. He never stumbled on any scene and more importantly, he never overacted. But the real star of the show was Hareesh Kanaran who was the saving grace in this otherwise dull story. His murmurs and counters had the ability to keep the audience in that engaging mood. Prayaga goes unutilized in a weakly written romantic episode. Even though the written content was shallow, Shajon manages to give an identity to the antagonist he played on screen. Vishnu Unnikrishnan in his Kannur slanged cameo was neat. Indrans, Harishree Ashokan, Bijukuttan, Vijayaraghavan etc are the other notable stars.
Oru Pazhaya Bomb Kadha in a way is warning that people should stop replicating movie like Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan. This movie is not at all boring, because of its comedy elements. But whether those jokes were memorable enough to make you laugh even after the movie is a debatable question.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Nayattu Box office Collection Report
- Chathurmukham box office collection report
- One box office collection report
- Kala box office collection report
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Santhosh Sivan and MT Vasudevan Nair project on the cards after Barroz?
- Padma’s first teaser released
- Churuli streaming soon in OTT
- Jayasurya’s Eesho first look released
- Aarkkariyam gets an OTT release
- Ambalamukkile Visheshangal first look released
- Malayalam actor Sharan passed away
- Actor Mela Reghu passed away
- Nayattu will be released on OTT Platform