Arijit Singh, dubbed “the voice of this generation,” has established himself as one of the most successful contemporary musicians. His voice can erupt a person’s feelings like a volcano.
He’s only 34 years old, yet he’s already the undisputed master of playback singing. Though he has won the hearts of many, his private life is as dramatic as any movie, and his anguish is palpable in his performances.
Arijit Singh began his career as a musician in 2005 when he appeared on the reality show Fame Gurukul. He was born in Murshidabad, West Bengal.
Fewer people, though, are aware that he met his first wife on the show that brought him fame. Learn more about Arijit Singh’s two marriages and his children here!
This Article Include
Arijit Singh’s First Marriage
Ruprekha Banerjee is the first lady of Arijit Singh, as per BollywoodShaadis. His online profiles reveal nothing about his unassuming existence. This may explain why there is so little information on his first marriage.
However, in 2013, Arijit Singh worked as a music programmer and married Ruprekha Banerjee, a fellow competitor of his first reality show, Fame Gurukul.
Arijit Singh and his first wife, Ruprekha Banerjee, recently divorced.
The marriage between Arijit Singh and Ruprekha Banerjee didn’t last long, and the couple soon separated and divorced.
According to multiple accounts, his first marriage was hastily planned and executed. The anguish he endured in life is palpable in his many songs.
Who is Arijit Singh’s wife?
PostToast says that Koel Roy is the second wife of singer Arijit Singh. Arijit Singh, remarried his childhood buddy Koel Roy after a contentious split from his first marriage. They married on January 20th, 2014, in a traditional Bengali ceremony at the Tarapeeth temple in West Bengal.
They tied the knot soon after and now appear to be content. Only some people from the Hindi film business were invited to Arijit Singh’s wedding because he wanted to keep it a secret.
Reportedly, only music composer Pritam, who had initially helped Arijit plant his roots, was there during his second wedding. Arijit had explained to Filmfare why he had kept his marriage a secret. His words were:
We tied the knot many years ago. However, a formal ceremony has been held to mark the occasion. Life was quite difficult for me. I was going through a breakup (he allegedly married his fellow Fame Gurukul candidate). So much has happened to me. I can’t bear to experience that again. Therefore, let’s not bring it up.
Check out some other articles:
- Who is Karan Johar Wife?
- Is Xenobia Brewster dead or alive?
- Who Is James Argent Girlfriend In 2023?
- YNW Melly Release Date
Arijit Singh Kids
The singer and his wife, Koel Roy, have three lovely children. Two boys and a stepdaughter from Koel’s first marriage were a boon to Arijit and Koel.
Here are some little-known details about Koel Roy, Arijit Singh’s wife:
- Koel Roy’s birthplace was Kolkata. West Bengal is home to both Arijit Singh and Koel Roy. Kolkata, India, is where she was born in 1991 and has lived most of her life.
- In 2023, Koel will be 32 years old. Her education was completed in West Bengal as well.
- The friendship between Arijit Singh and Koel Roy dates back to when they were kids.
- Since Arijit is originally from Murshidabad, West Bengal, they’ve known each other since they were kids and grew up together.
- Tum hi ho from Aashiqui 2 is rumored to have been the occasion for Arijit Singh’s proposal to Koel.
- Before her marriage to Arijit Singh, Koel Roy lived a low profile lofe.
- Few people knew Arijit Singh had a love partner in 2014. Thus, their covert wedding sparked a lot of controversy.
- Koel Roy’s marriage propelled her to the cover of every celebrity magazine due to her husband’s fame. However, Arijit and Koel prefer to keep the press out of their personal lives.
Be at the forefront of entertainment news with Topmovierankings.com! Connect with our passionate social media community and let your ideas and opinions shape the conversation.