Believe It Or Not; These Hollywood Celebrities Are From Kerala
There is a funny saying that When Neil Amstrong landed on the moon, he found a Malayalee there. People from Kerala seems to be presend in every nuke and corner of this world. Hollywood is not an exception, we can see a bunch of artists who has base in Kerala works in Hollywood films. Here we list some of them.
1. Manoj Shyamalan
Renowned Hollywood director Manoj Shyamalan, known professionally as M. Night Shyamalan is a malayali. His most popular and critically acclaimed work is ‘Sixth Sense’. His major films include Unbreakable, Signs, The Last Air bender, After Earth etc.
2. Shelley Malil
Shelley Malil, best known for the movie ‘The 40-Year-Old Virgin‘ is a Malayali! He played the role of Haziz in that movie. He was born in Kerala and immigrated to Texas, USA at the age of 10 with his parents. He has done a lot of TV series’ and ads.
3. Suleka Mathew
Suleka Mathew, known for her portrayal of Dr. Sunita Ramen on TV series ‘Da Vinci's Inquest’is also born in Kerala and raised in Canada. Her remarkable works are ‘Touch of Pink’ and the TV series ‘Hawthorne’. She has appeared on movies like ‘The Hitman’ ‘Run’ ‘The Republic of Love’ etc.
4. Melanie Chandra
American actress Melanie Chandra, Known for ‘Love, Lies and Seeta’ (2012) was born to Malayali parents. Her parents are native of Kochi and she won the 2007 Miss India America. Her famous works are ‘Rules of Engagement’ ‘Code Black’.
Check Out: Top Malayalam songs of 2016
5. Shishir Kurup
Shishir Kurup is an Indian born American actor. He was born in Mumbai comes from a Malayali background. His main works are ‘In Good Company’ ‘Surface (TV series)’ ‘Lost (TV series)’ and ‘Anywhere but Here’.
6. Sugith Varughese
Sugith Varughese was born in Kochi. He is an actor and writer known for ‘The Christmas Switch’ and ‘The Girlfriend Experience’. He has appeared in movies like ‘Orphan’ ‘Remember’ and ‘Mission to Mars’
7. Kavi Ladnier
Kavi Ladnier, who played lead role in ‘Low Budget Ethnic Movie’ is also a malayali. Her real name is Kavitha Ramachandran. Her main works including ‘CSi:MIAMI’ and ‘Karma Calling’.
8. Tom George
Tom George, director of 2007 film Gandhi Park is also a malayali. His full name is Tom George Kolath. His latest film ‘Way to Abbottabad’ will be released in November 2016. He has also appeared in Malayalam films such as ‘Akale’ ‘Out Of Syllabus’ and ‘Fingerprint’. Popular Malayalam music album ‘En Jeevane’ was also directed by him.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away