Lupin is one of the best Netflix shows from the last few years, and it’s probably the best French Netflix original series so far. The show is based on the fictional gentleman thief and master of disguise, Arsène Lupin, created by Maurice Leblanc in the early 1900s. The first season of the show premiered on Netflix in January 2021, and the second season was released in the summer of the same year.
During its first month, the series was watched by 76 million households, making it the most-watched non-English series on Netflix at that time. Since then, fans have eagerly awaited news about the new season. Shortly after the second season finished, Netflix announced that there would be a third season of Lupin.
Netflix recently revealed the first look at Lupin season 3 at TUDUM 2023, and the release date for the new season has already been announced. In this article we tell you everything about Lupin Season 3 including Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer & More!
— Netflix (@netflix) June 17, 2023
This Article Include
Lupin Season 3 Release Date Confirmed!
Netflix has announced that Lupin Season 3 will be released on October 5, 2023. The official confirmation of this date came through a tweet from Netflix, which also included the official poster for the new season. In this post Netflix team wrote:
Guess who’s back in the city of light.
Lupin Part 3 premieres October 5.
Guess who's back in the city of light.
Lupin Part 3 premieres October 5. pic.twitter.com/5k7k07G7k0
— Netflix (@netflix) April 20, 2023
Who Is In The Cast Of Lupin Season 3?
Lupin is, without a doubt, Sy’s show, so it makes sense that he and his charm will return as Assane.
Then there’s Claire (Ludivine Sagnier), their son Raoul (Etan Simon), Assane’s best friend Benjamin (Antoine Gouy), and maybe detective Guedira (Soufiane Guerrab), his fellow Lupin fan Lieutenant Sofia Belkacem (Shirine Boutella), and Captain Romain Laugier (Vincent Londez).
Assane’s father, Babakar, played by Fargass Assandé, and young Assane, Claire, and Benjamin are also expected to show up in flashbacks.
Hubert Pellegrini (Hervé Pierre) and Gabriel Dumont (Vincent Garanger), who was a crooked police commissioner and was handcuffed in the back of a police car at the end of season two (more on that later), are also there. It’s still unclear if this is the end of their story. We wouldn’t expect Juliette (Clotilde Hesme), Pellegrini’s daughter, to return if he was gone.
George Kay, who helped make the show, told Metro we could also see some new Faces.
“It’ll be a fresh start in part 3 with new characters, retaining a lot of the regular cast, but with a new branch of characters,” he said.
Lupin Season 3 Plot: What Will Happen?
According to sources, The official plot for Lupin Part 3 reads,
“Now in hiding, Assane must learn to live far from his wife and son. With the suffering they endure because of him, Assane can’t stand it any longer and decides to return to Paris to make them a crazy proposal: leave France and start a new life elsewhere. But the ghosts of the past are never far away, and an unexpected return will turn his plans upside down.”
Where To Watch Lupin Season 3?
Lupin Part 3 will be released on Netflix, so if you want to follow the trip of France’s most wanted man, you can pay $9.99, $15.99, or $19.99 for Netflix’s Basic, Standard, or Premium plan. Lupin Parts 1 and 2 are currently available on Netflix, so you can stream the show’s previous episodes while you prep yourself for the new ones.
Is There A Trailer Available For Lupin Season 3?
Yes, During its TUDUM showcase event on September 24, 2022, Netflix showed the official trailer for Lupin Part 3 for the first time. In the clip, Assane talks about how he got revenge for his father and wanted to stay in the dark to protect his family, but he had to return to the light.
Now is the time for him to leave. And it looks like he did because he is nowhere to be found, even though he is on all the front pages and everyone is talking about him.
But he might not be able to get away if his picture is all over town as a wanted man and everyone is looking for him. The clip tells us that Lupin Part 3 will be full of action and mystery.
Similar Web Series Like: Lupin
- Money Heist (La Casa de Papel) – This Spanish series follows a group of robbers who plan and execute intricate heists on the Royal Mint of Spain and the Bank of Spain. It shares similarities with Lupin in terms of its thrilling heists and clever strategies.
- Sherlock – This British series is a modern-day adaptation of Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic detective stories. It follows the brilliant detective Sherlock Holmes and his partner Dr. John Watson as they solve complex and intriguing cases.
- The Blacklist – This American crime thriller follows a former government agent turned criminal who voluntarily surrenders to the FBI, offering to help catch other high-profile criminals, but only if he can work with a rookie FBI profiler.
- Sneaky Pete – This series follows a con man who assumes the identity of his cellmate, Pete, after leaving prison to escape from dangerous criminals. He must navigate a world of lies and deceit to survive.
- Killing Eve – This British spy thriller centers around the cat-and-mouse chase between an MI5 officer and a talented and unpredictable assassin. The series is known for its sharp writing and engaging characters.
For More Details On When Other Web Series And Tv Shows Will Be Available, Check Out The Posts Given Below:
- Friends From College Season 3 Cancelled By Netflix! The Reason Behind It Revealed!
- Bodyguard Season 2 Confirmed! Here’s Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer & More!
Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest entertainment news by following us on Twitter. We’ll keep you updated on everything from new releases to the fate of your favorite shows.