The Summer I Turned Pretty is an American coming-of-age romantic drama series. Based on Jenny Han’s best-selling books, it promises to keep viewers entertained with an even more eventful summer at Cousins Beach and a messy love triangle at the center of it. The show’s first season, which started on June 17, 2022. All seven episodes were released at that time, but that’s changing this year!
Before the first episode aired, the show was picked up for a second season. After the announcement of the renewal, fans eagerly awaited news about the release date for Season 2. Finally, the release date for the second season is confirmed. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about “The Summer I Turned Pretty” Season 2, including the release date, cast, trailer, and more!
This Article Include
- The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Release Date Is Confirmed!
- What Is The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Episode Schedule?
- When Was The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Filmed?
- The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2: Cast
- Minnie Mills Will Not Be Returning For Season 2!
- What Is The Plot Of The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2?
- Who Is Behind The Production Of The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2?
- Where To Watch The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2?
- Is There A Trailer Available For The Summer I turned Pretty Season 2?
The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Release Date Is Confirmed!
The Summer I Turned Pretty season, 2 will release on Friday, July 14, 2023. The premiere will come with three episodes, following which new episodes will release weekly, until the season finale on Friday, August 18, 2023. The official Instagram account for the show posted a picture. In this post team wrote:
summer is calling. new episodes of #thesummeriturnedpretty return july 14 on @primevideo
What Is The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Episode Schedule?
As was already said, Season 2 of The Summer I Turned Pretty will come out once a week. According to a behind-the-scenes video that came out on May 5 (which you can see above), the episode schedule is already available and so are the episode titles Here’s when new episodes of The Summer I Turned Pretty will be available:
- Episode 1: “Love Lost” – Friday, July 14, 2023
- Episode 2: “Love Scene” – Friday, July 14, 2023
- Episode 3: “Love Sick” – Friday, July 14, 2023
- Episode 4: “Love Game” – Friday, July 21, 2023
- Episode 5: “Love Fool” – Friday, July 28, 2023
- Episode 6: “Love Fest” – Friday, August 4, 2023
- Episode 7: “Love Affair” – Friday, August 11, 2023
- Episode 8: “Love Triangle” – Friday, August 18, 2023
When Was The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2 Filmed?
On July 25, 2022, the official Twitter account for the show posted a picture of author Jenny Han and actress Lola Tung on the set to let fans know that shooting for Season 2 had started. After a few months, the filming ended at the beginning of November 2022. The news was also posted on social media, along with a picture of Han, Tung, Cristopher Briney, and Gavin Calego. In this post team wrote: and that’s a wrap on season 2 🎬
The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2: Cast
Here is the cast list for Season 2 of “The Summer I Turned Pretty”:
- Lola Tung as Belly Conklin
- Christopher Briney as Conrad Fisher
- Jackie Chung as Laurel Park
- Rachel Blanchard as Susannah Fisher
- Sean Kaufman as Steven Conklin
- Rain Spencer as Taylor
- David Iacono as Cam
- Alfredo Narciso as Cleveland Castillo
- Tom Everett Scott as Adam Fisher
- Colin Ferguson as John Conklin
Prime Video also said that The Summer I Turned Pretty will get two new movies. Kyra Sedgwick and Elsie Fisher will be on the show.
Minnie Mills Will Not Be Returning For Season 2!
In Season 1, Minnie Mills played Steven’s love interest Shayla. In Season 2, she won’t be back. Here is a part of the actress’s touching goodbye letter, which she posted on Instagram:
“To everyone who loved Shayla, who felt empowered or inspired by her, she will always be in the first season for you to come back to whenever you need her, and if I ever get the chance, I would love to continue her story. Thank you for supporting her, and thank you for supporting me. I could not have asked for a better cast, crew, or character for my first acting role, and I cannot wait to see what’s next.”
What Is The Plot Of The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2?
Here is the official synopsis for Season 2, according to Prime Video:
“Belly used to count down the days until she could return to Cousins Beach, but with Conrad and Jeremiah fighting over her heart and the return of Susannah’s cancer, she’s not sure summer will ever be the same. When an unexpected visitor threatens the future of Susannah’s beloved house, Belly has to rally the gang to come together—and to decide once and for all where her heart lies.”
Who Is Behind The Production Of The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2?
Jenny Han and Gabrielle Stanton created and ran the show in its first season. But this time, Sarah Kucserka will take over from Stanton. She and Han will be responsible for Season 2 as the two show runners. They, along with Stanton, Hope Hartman, Mads Hansen, and Paul Lee, are executive producers.
Where To Watch The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 2?
You can watch the both season of ” The Summer I Turned Pretty” on amazon.
Is There A Trailer Available For The Summer I turned Pretty Season 2?
There is, yes! On June 8, we finally got a new teaser video for Season 2 of The Summer I Turned Pretty.. The video you can watch above picks up the story a year after the first season’s events and hints that Belly will have more problems in the next episodes.
On June 30, the official trailer for Season 2 of The Summer I Turned Pretty came out. Look at it below:
You Can Also Take A Look At Other Web Series And TV Shows’ Upcoming Seasons’ Release Dates We Have Covered:
- Outer Banks Season 4 Release Date, Cast, Plot and What We Know So Far
- Reservation Dogs Season 3 Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer and Much More!
Be Entertained And Informed With The Latest News At Topmovierankings.com!