Are you eagerly waiting for the release of “Anwar: The Untold Story”? If so, you’re not alone. This upcoming biographical film has been generating a lot of buzz in recent months, but many people are still wondering when they’ll be able to see it.
While there has been no official announcement regarding the release date of “Anwar: The Untold Story,” we’ve done some digging to bring you up-to-date on what we know. In this article, we’ll examine the movie’s production history and explore some possible release dates based on industry trends and insider information.
This Article Include
- Anwar The Untold Story- A Quick Overview
- Anwar The Untold Story Release Date
- The Movie Has Been In The Works For Almost 12 Years
- Anwar The Untold Story Synopsis
- Anwar The Untold Story Cast
- Where Was Anwar: The Untold Story Filmed?
- Anwar The Untold Story Official Teaser
- Where To Watch Anwar: The Untold Story?
- Similar Movies Like Anwar: The Untold Story
Anwar The Untold Story- A Quick Overview
- Language: Malay
- Subtitle: English
- Classification: NA
- Release Date: May 18 2023
- Genre: Biography / Drama
- Running Time: 1 Hour 48 Minutes
- Distributor: DMY Creation Sdn Bhd
- Cast: Farid Kamil, Hasnul Rahmat, Acha Septriasa, Piet Pagau, Dewi Irawan
- Director: Viva Westi
- Format: 2D
Anwar The Untold Story Release Date
According to Malaymail, the much-awaited biopic Anwar: The Untold Story will hit cinemas nationwide from May 11th, 2023. This film is based on the life of Anwar Ibrahim, one of the most prominent political figures in Malaysia. Produced jointly by Indonesia’s Bianglala Entertainment and Malaysia’s Rakyat Media Sdn Bhd, this film promises to be a riveting account of a man’s ascent to power and subsequent fall. Anwar: The Untold Story will feature a talented cast, including Farid Kamil as Anwar Ibrahim, Hasnul Rahmat, and Acha Septriasa.
For More Details On When Other New Movies And Tv Shows Will Be Available, Check Out The Posts Given Below:
- Big George Foreman Release Date
- The Archies Movie Release Date.
- Dune Part Two: Release Date
- The Black Phone 2 Release Date
The Movie Has Been In The Works For Almost 12 Years
The highly anticipated biopic was announced in 2022 by producer Zulkiflee Anwar ‘Zunar’ Haque, who stated that the project had been developing for nearly a decade. Zunar told The Vibes that he has closely followed Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s work since 1998, which inspired him to create a film depicting historical events through the eyes of the politician.
Zunar explained to The Vibes that the screenplay underwent over seven revisions to improve it as much as possible. He interviewed Anwar’s family, his relatives, and his attorneys. He obtained additional information about Anwar Ibrahim’s mistreatment in prison from government sources such as the National Archives and the Royal Commission of Inquiry.
Anwar The Untold Story Synopsis
This film chronicles the ups and downs of Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political career, particularly his fight against corruption. The film has been in production since August 2011 and is complete and ready for release. The period specified is 1993 to September 1998. The plot is based on a true story about Anwar’s firm and consistent refusal of various types of compensation and cash from certain parties.
Also, how he refused to use public funds to defect to a subsidiary company of a confident leader that had lost billions of ringgit; due to this, he was slandered with a giant conspiracy, fired, brutally beaten in solitary confinement, and denied medical care for several days, from one of the best finance ministers who managed to free Malaysia from its debt shackles to a prison cell.
Anwar The Untold Story Cast
- Farid Kamil as Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim
- Hasnul Rahmat as Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
- Acha Septriasa as Dato Seri Dr. Wan Azizah Wan Ismail
- Gisellma Firmansyah as Nurul Nuha Anwar
- Saskia Chadwick as Nurul Izzah Anwar
- Dewi Irawan as Che Wan (Anwar’s mother)
- Piet Pagau as Ibrahim (Anwar’s father)
- Felice Lovely Hidayat as Nurul Iman Anwar
- Azzahra Annasera as Nurul Hana Anwar
Where Was Anwar: The Untold Story Filmed?
“Where Was Anwar: The Untold Story Filmed?” is a question that has been on the minds of many cinema enthusiasts who have watched the recently released biopic. The film tells the life of Anwar Ibrahim, a prominent Malaysian politician who was jailed for sodomy charges in 1998 and eventually became one of Malaysia’s most influential political figures. Many viewers have been curious about where this captivating movie was filmed.
The biopic was shot in Malaysia and Indonesia at a cost of RM10mil. To accurately portray the life and struggles of Anwar Ibrahim, the filmmakers had to select locations that were similar to those where he lived and worked. The production team visited several places across both countries before deciding on their final shooting locations.
Where To Watch Anwar: The Untold Story?
On May 11, 2023, “Anwar: The Untold Story” will be released in theatres nationwide. It is currently unavailable on streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon, Now TV, ITV, and iTunes. However, on May 11, 2023, it will be released in theatres and can be viewed there.
Similar Movies Like Anwar: The Untold Story
Here are some films with similar genres and themes to “Anwar: The Untold Story”
- “Tun Fatimah” (2017) is a biopic about Tun Fatimah, the first female doctor in Malaysia.
- The 2019 biopic “Mahathir: The Journey” is about the life of former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
- “Paskal: The Movie” (2018) is a biopic about Paskal, the special forces unit of the Royal Malaysian Navy.
- “Sangkar” (2019) is a film about a former mixed martial arts fighter who attempts a comeback.
- “Polis Evo” (2015) is an action-comedy film about two police officers who work together to bring down a drug kingpin.
I hope you like the article. To keep getting the freshest entertainment scoops, follow us on Facebook.