The Kerala Story” is a recent movie that has garnered considerable attention and generated mixed reviews from critics. However, its unique script has resonated with many viewers, leading to a growing fan base.
The film’s international release in 37 countries further raises expectations for its success and global recognition. Notably, Adah Sharma’s captivating performance has earned her significant acclaim and is predicted to propel her career to new heights in Bollywood.
Surprisingly, the movie’s progress in Tamil Nadu has encountered hurdles, despite its surging popularity elsewhere. In this article, we delve into ten pressing questions that audiences are eager to have answered about “The Kerala Story.
This Article Include
- Here Are Some Questions Audiences Want To Know:
- 1. Is The Kerala Story 18+?
- 2. The IMDb Rating of “The Kerala Story”
- 3. What Is The Release Date Of The Kerala Story On Ott Platforms?
- 4. What Is The Runtime Of The Kerala Story?
- 5. Is “The Kerala Story” Hit Or Flop?
- 6. Which Actresses Play The Four Girl’s Role In The Kerala Story?
- 7. The Kerala Story: Is Shalini (Aka Fatima) Sent Back To India?
- 8. Where to Watch the Kerala Story Online?
- 9. Where was the Kerala Story Filmed?
- 10. Why Is The Kerala Story Controversial?
Here Are Some Questions Audiences Want To Know:
1. Is The Kerala Story 18+?
“The Kerala Story” is a film that tackles forced religious conversion and alleges that around 32,000 women in Kerala were converted to Islam, with many being sent to ISIS-ruled areas. However, there is controversy surrounding the film as it falsely claims to be based on a real-life incident, and the reliability of the statistics presented lacks supporting evidence.
The Movie, Directed by Sudipto Sen and produced by Vipul Amrutlal Shah, features Adah Sharma, Yogita Bihani, Sonia Balani, and Siddhi Idnani. It has garnered mixed reviews and faced criticism from opposition politicians who accuse it of being propaganda and a threat to religious harmony.
Nevertheless, it has found support from leaders of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who commended it during a recent political rally. The film’s age rating is uncertain. Whether it is restricted to viewers aged 18 and above is unclear.
2. The IMDb Rating of “The Kerala Story”
Currently, IMDb has rated “The Kerala Story” 7.7/10 based on 48K reviews.
3. What Is The Release Date Of The Kerala Story On Ott Platforms?
“The Kerala Story” premiered in theaters on May 5, 2023, under the direction of Sudipto Sen and production by Vipul Amrutlal Shah and Aashin A. Shah. This highly anticipated drama film is anticipated to achieve significant box-office success.
Zee5 has secured the streaming rights for the movie, although the specific release date on the platform is yet to be officially confirmed. However, it is expected to become available on Zee5 during the final week of June 2023, approximately 4-6 weeks after its theatrical release.
4. What Is The Runtime Of The Kerala Story?
The runtime of the movie “The Kerala Story” is 2 hours and 18 minutes.
5. Is “The Kerala Story” Hit Or Flop?
“The Kerala Story” is a box office hit, according to the Indian Express. It earned more on its second Sunday than it did on its first. The film has already crossed the coveted Rs 100 crore mark. A total of Rs 136 crore was earned on the film’s 10th day at the box office. Despite controversies and bans, the film continues to excel at the box office.
6. Which Actresses Play The Four Girl’s Role In The Kerala Story?
7. The Kerala Story: Is Shalini (Aka Fatima) Sent Back To India?
As of Now, Shalini is in the UN prison facility with women from all over the world, waiting for justice.
8. Where to Watch the Kerala Story Online?
The movie “The” is not currently available for streaming on any platform.
9. Where was the Kerala Story Filmed?
‘The Kerala Story’ Shooting Locations are – Munnar, Thekkady, Kovalam, and Alleppey.
10. Why Is The Kerala Story Controversial?
“The Kerala Story” is a film centered around the narrative of Hindu and Christian women who were allegedly enticed to join the Islamic State (IS) group. The movie is set in Kerala, a southern state in India, and has faced criticism from opposition politicians who accuse it of being propagandistic and detrimental to religious harmony.
Initially, the film stirred controversy by claiming that 32,000 women in Kerala were forcibly converted to Islam and joined ISIS. Despite the filmmakers’ assertion that the movie is based on true events and extensive research, it encountered legal challenges and mounting criticism as its release date approached. While the Kerala high court declined to halt the film’s release, the filmmakers agreed to remove the teaser that featured the contentious figure of 32,000 women.
Notably, the movie has garnered support from leaders of the governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who commended it during a recent political rally. Some party members have also organized screenings and distributed complimentary tickets. The controversy surrounding the film stems from its depiction of alleged forced conversions and subsequent involvement of women in ISIS, which some fear could disrupt religious harmony and perpetuate Islamophobia.
Want to dive deeper? Check out the related posts below for more information:
- What is the story behind ‘The Kerala Story’?
- The Kerala Story Review: Story That Will Make You Wish They Were not True
- The Kerala Story Total Box Office Collection Till Date (15 May 2023): A Critical Analysis!
Keep up-to-date with the hottest entertainment news – follow us on Twitter for more exciting content.